Hello all, It’s been a while since I posted frequently. Nowadays, my brain shuts down faster than I expect and I’d already be dozing off by 10 pm. So every morning I would be curious about what could have happened when I was sleeping (approximately 6-8 hours). I would have no clue. I would only remember lying on my bed thinking of some crappy stuff. And then I suddenly open my eyes, there would be my mom standing “Good Morning Sunshine 😀”. I will be like? What? Sunshine? It’s morning already?? 🥺😱 Gotta work! 😒
Sleep is a miracle, every day when we find it difficult to while away time, but on the other hand sleep gives us a wonderful ability to spend 7 – 8hrs very quickly. I consider sleep to be a time travel portal where we seamlessly travel 8hrs. They say sleep has healing powers. Yes, it’s true, it can heal both body and the mind. So try to get at least 6hrs of sleep. Okay, this post is not about giving you health advice. It is about something different. Go on reading fully, hope you would enjoy it! 💜
10 Things that happen when we sleep
While we sleep, we are usually unaware of the happenings around us. Below given are 10 things that could happen when we are sleeping (just a combination of my imagination and assumption). Feel free to add more scenarios in the comment section if you think that I’ve missed something.
- A sudden jerk, don’t know why it comes or when it comes. It’s called the hypnic jerk. It would feel like we are falling from space and suddenly hit the ground.
- The brain starts working in full capacity, working hard to create a reality that enables us to do impossible things – Dreams. But screw you, brain, you make us forget half of our dreams when we wake up.
- Time goes fast when we sleep. For me, it’s 2x. I close eyes, open, and 7hrs goes by. 😅
- Dogs, which are usually silent, start barking as soon as we start to sleep. 🐕
- We feel that someone is there along with us in the room when we are sleeping alone in the dark. 👻
- Friends come, and take pictures of us, and share it across groups without us knowing. 📸 (Refer the image above) 😀
- Relatives come out of nowhere and start talking about our future. 😂
- The temperature drops drastically and we pull our blankets up. 🥶
- After we pull our blankets up, the temperatures start to increase. The struggle is real. 😂
- People will be waiting to call us at the perfect time to wake us up from our beautiful dream.👿
- The neighbour, who can’t sleep, starts making some weird noises with some weird machinery (mostly a drilling machine or a hammer). God knows why! 🤔
- Our siblings, start to feel that they are in a concert and bump the volume up. The horrible part is that they start to sing along with the singer. 🎵
- Okay, Hold up! 10 Things? I’m getting a feeling that I’ve already read 12 things? Haha, yes, I wanted to keep it 10 but didn’t want to shorten the list. So go on, keep reading! 😄
- The alarm that you forgot to turn off the previous day, starts to ring. (Should I turn off or snooze? Oh crap! The time is only 4 am. Let me sleep. Instead of turning off you snooze it for 10 mins.)
- The alarm rings again (4.10 am). 🤩
- You stay awake, thinking about the purpose of life, existence, Digital Signal Processing, Advanced mathematics, Learning Java in 30 Days, etc; 😂
This list can go on, but no one likes a very long post and hence I’m stopping it here. Feel free to add your comments. Hope you all are staying safe. Share this article with a friend if you laughed. Meet you in the next post!
These are more funny points taken from the comments.
Courtesy: The Bold Girl
- “Forgot to pee” thing while you’re feeling sleepy? And then you’re in a constant fight with yourself whether it’s worth getting up or can sleep for a bit longer. 😂💯
- Parents switching off the fan. A Ninja move that they use to wake us up. 😂
- Mosquitoes trying their best to make us sleep by singing for us, right next to our ears.. oiinnnnnnn unnnnnn hmmmm 🎵😂