They say, “laughter is the best medicine” and of course it is, but there are times when laughing can become a disaster. Sometimes, the most uncontrollable laughter comes during the most serious times. Here’s a list of few places where laughing can land you in some unfavorable situations
Times when you shouldn’t
- In school/college, when your friend is being punished
– You can quickly become the next person to be punished.
- When someone falls, slips, or hurts themselves
– You might feel awkward later.
- When your girlfriend sends you 😡 😡 😡 and you reply with 😂 😂 😂
– May God be with you my son.
- When your younger sibling is crying
– They will cry more seeing you laugh, which is more fun.
– Plus they might get irritated and land a blow on your face so just stay 6ft away before laughing.
- When someone is mourning
– Just don’t!
– Also, don’t try stupid jokes to make them laugh.
- When someone is holding a gun at you
– Don’t even smile. That crap only works in movies.
– RIP in advance! 🙂
- When someone is talking seriously, especially your boss
– Good luck finding a new job 🙂
- When nothing is funny
– It’s a Gelastic seizure*, you need a doc.
- While the whole crowd is silent
– All the faces turn around just to see what animal could have made that sound and you won’t know how to react.
*A Gelastic seizure, also known as “gelastic epilepsy”, is a rare type of seizure that involves a sudden burst of energy, usually in the form of laughing or crying.
Yes, laughing during these situations might make you feel bad but as they say, laughter can’t be controlled. Once the brain finds a reason to laugh, it can’t be controlled until you distract your brain with something else. At the same time, don’t be a stiff person always. Keep smiling and laugh when you need to. I Hope this post finds you well! Have a great day!